The spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me; he has sent me to bring good news to the oppressed,to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim Liberty to the captives, and release to the prisoners;… Isaiah 61:1 NRSV El Espíritu del Señor omnipotente está sobre mí, por cuanto me ha ungido para anunciar buenas nuevas a los pobres. Me ha enviado a sanar los corazones heridos, a proclamar liberación a los cautivos y libertad a los prisioneros,…Isaías 61:1 NVI
I would never leave you or forsake you. I am with you… in the Philippines
Tim Crockett, Team Rubicon
U.S. veterans, now volunteers for Team Rubicon, load up supplies at an airfield in Manila, ultimately bound for a field hospital where scores of injured and ill from the typhoon need care and medicine.
To the People in the Philippines we are keeping you in prayer each day and night. Hold on, help it is on its way. Many Nations will be bringing Medical Doctors, Food and Shelter. We know that the wait is long, please hold on. We hear you and see your cries. The world is watching and sending help. Hold On.
Love in Jesus’ name.
Rescue and relief efforts are underway, with many organizations mobilizing teams on the ground to get victims access to clean water, medical supplies and food. If you want to help, consider making online donations.
We’ve compiled a list of nine organizations to which you can contribute, below:
- The United Nations World Food Programme: The WFP has set up an online donation page that will help rush food and resources to the regions affected.
- The Philippine Red Cross: Donations will help mobilize teams on the ground with rescue and relief efforts.
- UNICEF: Donations will help children gain access to medical supplies and clean drinking water. “Safe drinking water can be impossible to find after such a massive natural disaster. And without it, a child will drink whatever water she can find, no matter how dirty or diseased. That drink can quickly lead to diarrhea, disease and death,” UNICEF president Caryl M. Stern said.
- World Vision: World Vision is working to get food and resources to those in evacuation shelters.
- Catholic Relief Services: CRS is helping with the storm’s aftermath by getting supplies and staff into the area.
- Salvation Army: Donate online for the Salvation Army’s relief efforts, or text TYPHOON to 80888 to immediately donate $10.
- Save the Children: Donations will help children and families in the Philippines, Laos and Vietnam. Ten percent of every donation will go toward preparing for any future disasters in the area.
- Habitat for Humanity: Donations will help create shelter-repair kits for families rebuilding their homes.
- GlobalMedic: The Canadian organization is working to get clean water to victims.